Sometimes it hardly matters whom you hire; the job gets done, and you move on to other things. However, with certain types of projects, the company you work with makes all the difference. That is definitely the case with exterior house painting here in Connecticut. An excellent painting contractor feels like a dream-come-true, but others can create a nightmare, even on a simple job.
Why does it make such a difference what Connecticut painting company you work with?
- The communication and customer service make a huge difference in how convenient or disruptive the exterior painting process is to your life.
- The care and precautions taken by the painting crew will either protect your house or leave it vulnerable to damage.
- The quality of the materials and workmanship make a huge difference in the appearance and the longevity of the exterior paint job.
- The credentials and insurance carried by the painting company (or the lack thereof) give you protection and peace of mind (or leave you exposed to risk).
How to Interview an Exterior House Painting Company
Before you contact any companies directly, look for online reviews, and also talk with your friends and neighbors. Try to get a sense for which Connecticut house painters have given them a good experience, and which ones to avoid.
Once you have created a short list, contact each company to arrange an estimate. This should generally be free, with no risk or commitment. As you work with the estimator, evaluate his or her professionalism:
- How is the communication?
- Does the person show up on time?
- Is there a company vehicle and some kind of uniform?
- Does the estimator seem clear and knowledgeable, or vague and uncertain?
- Is there a high-pressured sales pitch, or are you left free to decide?
- Will the estimator provide you with proof of Connecticut state licensure, liability insurance and Worker’s Compensation insurance?
- Are you given a formal estimate on company letterhead? If so, is it detailed and specific? Look for the number of paint coats, what is included and excluded, level of surface preparation, and the quality of the paint that will be used.
As you compare companies and estimates, don’t just go with the lowest price (or the highest). Instead, hire the exterior painting contractor that gives you the most confidence in their honesty, professionalism, and competence. Avoid those who make vague promises, have shoddy communication, or make you feel uncomfortable or pressured.
In your process of selecting a Connecticut house painter, we would be honored if you would consider Southington Painting. We are a family-owned and operated company, operating here in central Connecticut since 1979. It is not our business to look for quick sales; we desire to win customers for life, with our exceptional customer service and unbeatable quality!
Besides exterior house painting, we also offer interior painting, kitchen cabinet painting, epoxy floor coatings, drywall services, wallpaper removal, and more. Contact our office, or use our online scheduling tool, and begin getting to know Southington Painting. We look forward to hearing from you!