This is the question of the day for many homeowners here in the Central Connecticut area. After all, springtime is home improvement time, and few items on your list are as important or rewarding as gorgeous, glossy exterior paint. You don’t want to mess it up, but you also are wondering if paying for painting services is worthwhile, right? What benefits are you really getting?
Before you educate yourself on Youtube, spend a lot of money at the paint shop, and get ready to give up a summer’s worth of weekends, we have a few considerations to keep in mind.
Should You Hire a Professional Painting Company or Do It Yourself?Photo by Southington Painting Co LLC
- Safety First - Working on ladders doesn’t offer much of a margin for error, and even scurrying around a one-story home can be a risky proposition. Before you become an annual statistic, consider carefully whether or not working on a ladder is really for you. Professional painters have the training, safety equipment, and experience needed to navigate the process safely.
- Time - Do you really want to dedicate that many hours to home improvement? Wouldn’t you rather be at the beach?
- Fully Insured - Reputable painting companies carry all the necessary insurance, protecting themselves and your property in case of a mishap. Doesn’t that sound nice, just as a precaution?
- Priceless Expertise - Despite the confidence that Youtube tends to instill in avid DIYers, there still is just no substitute for years of knowledge, experience, and craftsmanship. If you want it to look its best, a professional is the way to go.
- Longevity - Painting involves so, so, SO much more than just slathering that splendid new color on your siding. It calls for repairs, thorough preparation, addressing issues like wood rot, and knowing how to clean and treat each surface. Novice painting simply does not last as long, ultimately costing you more in the long-run.
- Cleanup - Unless you like being up to your ankles in paint chips while you play frisbee in the back yard (if you have even have time to play frisbee because, you know, you’ll be painting all summer), cleanup is an essential part of the process. An experienced painter knows how to contain their work, providing a clean environment when they leave.
- Warranty - Except for giving yourself a high-five, a DIY project doesn’t really offer any kind of lasting benefit or guarantee. For extra peace of mind and as a sign of their dedication to quality, a professional exterior painter will often offer a warranty.
Have Any More Questions About Hiring a Painting Company?
Our team here at Southington Painting is ready to help. Please feel free to give us a call with any and all questions, or to schedule an estimate for your local project. We’re looking forward to it!